February 05, 2005
Love & dating...29
I was doing spring cleaning, round 2, just now. I threw away some things that I once thought I would keep forever. But then, I actually do keep them forever. I keep them as a part of me, not as objects that take up my living space.
Photos that showed two faces that were too young to know what was in store for them. Little keepsakes and little gifts that marked the monthly progress of a relationship that was not to be. Episodic captures of what the same two faces shared. Things that I went through pain to put together in a nice lime-green box, which I thought I would always find a little corner in my room to keep, no matter how small my room really is. I took out from that box, quite calmly, looked through and I very carefully put them into the disposal bag. Then, brought it down to the rubbish collection area at my flat.
I kept the box. I kept the cards too. It's easy to make an impression on me; use written words. I could never (never say 'never') bring myself to throw cards. Especially cards with personal messages written on it. I assume that writing cards doesn't come as natural as breathing to most people. Hence, I appreciate that someone actually took the time and effort to pen a few message for me.
For everything, there is a right time. I think the time is right now. I will keep it within me. Our past makes us. As for all the little things, they'd be gone by tomorrow morning.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 01:39